In the spirit of using up leftovers after Christmas I decided to make another Painted Portrait Dress with remnant pieces of fabric from some of last year's projects.
These are all Japanese cottons - some I'd used to make Christmas presents and others are offcuts from clothes I've made like this Japanese one-piece. This time I tried making the sleeveless version of the Painted Portrait but couldn't resist adding those fantastic roomy pockets again.
Anna Maria Horner's sewing pattern is ideal for using up smaller pieces of fabric – the patchwork front yoke looks so beautiful (and it's very easy to sew). I predict that there'll be many more patchwork dresses appearing in my wardrobe in 2014!